- Direct Pointing: Since the simple pair Roku remote uses infrared light, it will automatically sync with your Roku device—you just need to point it directly at the Roku receiver. Make sure there are no obstructions blocking the path between the remote and the receiver, such as a glass cabinet door.
- Battery Check: If the remote is not working, try removing the batteries and reinserting them. Alternatively, you may replace them with new ones if the current batteries are old.
- Device Reset: You can also restart your Roku player by pressing the Reset button found on the back or bottom of the device.
- Pairing Button: If the voice remote is unresponsive, locate the pairing button inside the battery compartment or on the back of the remote. Hold this pairing button down until the status light flashes green.
- Close Proximity: Move the remote closer to your Roku device during this process. A screen should eventually display saying “Pairing remote…”
- Battery Insertion: If you have a rechargeable voice remote, make sure it is fully charged. For replaceable battery models, ensure that the batteries are fresh.
- HDMI Extender for Streaming Stick: If you are using a Roku Streaming Stick and encountering issues, you can try getting a free HDMI extender from Roku to improve the connection.
- Power Cycle: Unplug your Roku player from the power source.
- Remote Batteries: Remove the batteries from your remote.
- Power On: Wait for a few seconds, then plug the Roku player back in.
- Reinsert Batteries: Once the Roku logo appears on your screen, reinsert the batteries into the remote.
- Pairing Mode: Press and hold the pairing button on the remote until the pairing light begins to flash.
- Pairing Completion: Wait for the Roku to complete the pairing process, which should take less than 30 seconds. Once paired, you will see a prompt on your TV screen.
- Settings Navigation: On your current remote, press the Home button. Navigate to Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > Set up a new device.
- Pairing Mode Activation: Press the pairing button on your new remote and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
To test if the infrared on your remote is working correctly, point it at your smartphone’s camera and press any button. If you see an infrared light in the camera view, the remote is working properly.
How to Pair a Roku Voice Remote:
Read More – Activate FuboTV on Your Roku Via fubo.tv/roku-connect.
To Reset an Unresponsive Roku Voice Remote:
How to Pair a New Roku Voice Remote:
You May Also Like – How To Reset Roku TV Via reset roku tv.